Friday, May 29, 2009

Kelsey 5 x 8


It looks like I've found what some consider the "perfect" starter press--a Kelsey 5 x 8. I found mine online, and am grateful that it was a tabletop platen press--we have no where to put anything larger (no matter how much I might have fallen for that Vandercook we learned on in letterpress class).

I've also joined the Ladies of Letterpress. It seems to be a fairly quiet social networking site, but I plan to use it, in conjunction with Briar Press's wealth of information to transfer what I've learned on the Vandercook to the Kelsey. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that MCBA will eventually offer a class on platen presses.

1 comment:

  1. have you actually purchased the press yet?
    I'm so excited for you, and VERY jealous.
    i'd love to fill the basement with presses and printing contraptions.

    ReplyDelete